NAD T587 Blu- ray Player
The NAD Electronics offers T587 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray player with BD-Live, BD-Java, 1080p 24 frames per second, HDMI 1.3 with Deep Color and the xvYCC expanded color. High-end model has a number of other ports, as well as, for example, Ethernet, composite, component, coaxial, IR remote, a front-panel USB port. Of course that features the latest Dolby and DTS audio codec without loss, and can upscale DVDs. Despite NAD credentials,
With Blu-ray’s native resolution of 1080p and pure digital transmission via HDMI, the T 587 delivers stunning picture quality, especially on screen sizes 50 inches and larger. Even standard definition DVDs benefit from NAD’s upscaling engine. The T 587 supports 1080p at 24 frames per second for the most fluid motion available from film-based material, avoiding motion artefacts from the “3:2 Pull Down” effect common on conventional DVD players.
For enhanced image quality, the T 587 also supports Deep Colour and xvYCC Extended Colour Space to provide an exceptionally wide colour gamut and further extend the colour range. Operating controls include fast forward and reverse, slow and step forward, search, repeat and random play, picture-in-picture, and a parental lock.
The T 587 delivers studio master quality audio in a home entertainment format. Most Blu-ray Discs offer Dolby TrueHD, a high-definition, 7.1 linear pulse code modulation (LPCM) soundtrack with 24-bit resolution. This is a format the T 587 supports via HDMI. The T 587 also supports the new HD formats from Dolbyand DTS that offer ‘lossless’ compression. They can be decoded in the T 587 and sent as LPCM via HDMI, or forwarded compressed to another component that supports decoding.
The T 587 also supports Audio CDs and CD-Rs with MP3 or WMA decoding, Dolby Digital Plus, and the legacy formats of Dolby Digital and DTS, which it transmits as bitstreams via HDMI, coax or optical connections. Dolby Digital Plus is a new backward-compatible Dolby format that significantly increases the bit rate for improved fidelity, and support up to 10.2 channels. Specially developed silicon rubber feet isolate vibrations from the player and the environment for the best possible performance.
The T 587’s ability to decode the newest lossless audio codecs from Dolby and DTS also serves as a cost-effective upgrade to the thousands of consumers who already own NAD T 175, T 785 and T 775 AV Receivers by providing a complete HD audio and video solution. When combined with the current generation of 1080p displays, the T 587 makes a state-of-the-art Home Theatre more accessible and practical than ever before.
The T 587’s connection package is fully equipped for today’s video and audio needs. It includes HDMI 1.3, Ethernet, composite, component, coaxial, left and right audio, and optical outputs on the rear panel. An external IR Input allows easy integration with advanced control and automation systems, and a front-panel USB port lets owners play music and picture files stored on a memory stick or portable MP3 Player.
Features : Nad T587 Blue-Ray Player
- Decodes MP3, WMA, DiVX, JPEG, PNG
- Network BD Live (Profile 2.0) via Ethernet
- Simultaneous playback of HD and SD video
- Resolution up to 1080p 24/60 over HDMI
- Upscales DVD to 1080p over HDMI
- HDMI Output with support for Deep Colour and xvYCC Extended Colour Space
- MHP support (Multimedia Home Platform) for interactive video
- Linear PCM (uncompressed) via HDMI
- Dolby TrueHD (decoded to LPCM or encoded bitstream)
- Component Video Output up to 1080i
- Composite Video Output 480i/576i
- BD Java (Profile 1.0)
- Picture-in-picture (Profile 1.1)
- USB 2.0 supports memory stick playback of audio and pictures
- Analogue 2 channel downmix
- Plays BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE
- Plays DVD, DVD+R/ RW, DVD-R/RW
- Plays Audio CD, CD-R/RW
- DTS HD/MA (5.1 decoded to LPCM or encoded bitstream)
- Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus via HDMI, Optical or Coax
- DTS via HDMI, Optical or Coa
Source: NAD Electronics
Price: $ 1,250